This is my entry for the I'm Not for Sale contest [link]
This contest serves two purposes: Raising awareness about human trafficking and raising funds for the Not For Sale organization
.For every entry to this contest, $1.25 will be donated directly to Not For Sale
With my entry I would like to speak out aginst child abuse and human and child trafficking.IT'S CRIME! REACT NOW! END CHILD ABUSE
Trafficking of children is a form of human trafficking and is the recruitment, transportation, transfer, harboring, or receipt of children for the purpose of exploitation. Worldwide 1.2 millions of children are victims of this crime.
They can be as young as few month old babies. Human and child trafficking is an organized crime that earns billions of dollars annually ($42 billions in 2009), taking third place right after drugs and arms trafficking.
Commercial sexual exploitation of children can take many forms and include forcing a child into prostitution or other forms of sexual activity or child pornography. Child exploitation can also include forced labour or services, slavery or practices similar to slavery, servitude, the removal of organs, illicit international adoption, trafficking for early marriage, recruitment as child soldiers, for use in begging or as athletes (such as child camel jockeys or football players), or for recruitment for cults.
According to international legislation, in the case of children the use of illicit meanssuch as use of force or other forms of coercion, of abduction, of fraud, of deception, of the abuse of power or of a position of vulnerabilityis not relevant in determining whether an act is a crime.
Traffickers use various techniques to instill fear in victims and to keep them enslaved. Some traffickers keep their victims under lock and key. However, the more frequent practice is to use less obvious techniques including:
* Debt bondage - financial obligations, honor-bound to satisfy debt
* Isolation from the public - limiting contact with outsiders and making sure that any contact is monitored or superficial in nature
* Isolation from family members and members of their ethnic and religious community
* Confiscation of passports, visas and/or identification documents
* Use or threat of violence toward victims and/or families of victims
* The threat of shaming victims by exposing circumstances to family
* Telling victims they will be imprisoned or deported for immigration violations if they contact authorities
* Control of the victims' money, e.g., holding their money for "safe-keeping"
You can find more information and Training Manual at [link]
and [link]List of organizations
- National Human Trafficking Resource Center [link]
- Unicef-IRC [link]
- ILO [link]
- Global Initiative UN.GIFT [link]
- Stop Child Trafficking [link]
- Child Trafficking [link]
- Save the Children [link]
- ASTRA S.O.S [link]Folks Initiatives
- Wake Up - Stop Child Abuse [link]
- Rock Against Child Pornography & Abuse [link]
- Run 4 the Innocent [link]Credit
Image Baby Blond Girl from Stock.Xchng [link]
Abstract Tech Brushes by PAULW [link]